Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sharepoint backup error: Object xyz_DB failed in event OnBackup

I started having problems with Sharepoint backup some time ago. The problems were that I would get an error message "Object SharedServices1_Search_DB failed in event OnBackup" and similar started showing in Central Administration backup when I moved my backup location from Sharepoint server to UNC network location. I tried many things but - I even tried to login with Sharepoint service account and do the backup but it didn't work - even though this same account "spservice" had "Full control" on this network share folder. So, what eventually did help me was to (for testing purposes only) change NTFS permissions on network share where my backup was done. I gave Everyone and Anonymous group "Full control" permissions on my \\fileserver\StsadmBackup folder. After I did that - backup was done succesfully! :)

Anyway, at least now I know that everything is OK with my Sharepoint frontend and DB servers. It was permissions that were the issue. I will probably move backup folder back to frontend machine or I will leave UNC path on network share but really need to get rid of anonymous and everyone groups.

Regards,
Damir.

No comments:

Post a Comment